Many of our frequently asked customer questions are answered below.
Didn’t find an answer? Please fill out the CONTACT US form below.
How do I get an energy audit?
The first step is to test your home to see if you qualify. If so, proceed to the enrollment form. CLICK HERE to get started!
What if I don’t have 12 months of heating usage?
- NHSaves requests that you wait until you have the fuel use required (recent 12 months) to qualify your home for the program.
- If you heat your home with natural gas or electric kWh, your utility company has access to that information.
- It is permissible to use the previous owner’s fuel use history to qualify the home for this program. The fuel use for the home is often disclosed during the inspection process for the home buyer.
- If this information is not available, the company that services the heating system will be the company selling the fuel. Please take a look at the heating system for any company stickers and contact the company for fuel use history. Many fuel providers are willing to provide annual usage information on a letter or email to the new homeowner.
- Customers can always participate in the visual audit program without the fuel use history.
How long until I am contacted after submitting my application?
If you qualify, you will hear from your utility provider in 1–3 weeks to discuss next steps.
Can I choose my own contractor?
Customers can choose any contractor from our group of qualified HPwES contractors. Unfortunately, contractors who have not been approved by the utilities cannot participate in the HPwES program.
Can a commercial property have an energy audit done?
Contact your utility provider for more information.
How long will it take to receive my rebate?
Rebates will be processed within 4–6 weeks upon receipt of application.
How do I check on my rebate status?
For ENERGY STAR® appliances, please contact EFI at 877-883-1758 to get a status update or email firstname.lastname@example.org. For other programs, please contact your utility partner.
Which rebates do I qualify for?
CLICK HERE for a list of available rebates and eligibility requirements.
Do you have rebates on insulation?
NHSaves does not currently offer stand-alone rebates for insulation. Rebates on insulation are available through our Home Performance with ENERGY STAR® Program. CLICK HERE to test your home to see if you qualify.
Do you have rebates on windows?
NHSaves does not currently offer rebates on windows.
Heating and cooling equipment information
- Electric heating and cooling rebates: CLICK HERE for information on electric heating and cooling rebates.
- Natural gas heating rebates: CLICK HERE for information on natural gas heating rebates.
How to save on your energy use:
My home is losing heat.
CLICK HERE to read about our energy audits and weatherization program.
Why is my energy use so high?
CLICK HERE to use our home heating index (HHI) tool to test your home to see if you qualify for a home energy audit.
Want tips on how to reduce your energy use?
NHSaves offers tips to reduce your energy use. CLICK HERE to visit our tips page.
Residential: (800) 662-7764
Business: (866) 554-6025
Please Note: These are general Eversource
Customer Service numbers.
Gas Customers: (800) 833-4200
Electric Customers: (800) 375-7413
Phone: (800) 698-2007
Phone: (888) 301-7700