Refrigerator & Freezer Recycling
Please note that the refrigerator and freezer recycling program is paused until further notice.
No new orders are being scheduled.
The NHSaves® utility partners sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you may be facing due to scheduling disruptions in the refrigerator and freezer recycling program. They are actively working with customers who have an existing scheduled pick-up to coordinate a resolution.
Thank you for being a valued customer.
Your inefficient, working refrigerator or freezer may be costing you up to $90 a year in operation costs. If you are looking to replace it or just want to get rid of a secondary unit you no longer need, you can receive a no-cost pickup, have it responsibly recycled and receive a $75 rebate through October 31, 2023.
Your choice to recycle instead of using other disposal options will help curtail growing peak load demand, prevent the release of greenhouse gases and ensure that over 90% of the unit is being properly recycled by ARCA Recycling, our contracted recycling vendor.
- Allow 6–8 weeks after pickup for incentive processing
- No-cost haul-away and responsible recycling
- $75 incentive per unit through October 31, 2023
- Applicant must be a valid residential electric account holder of a participating New Hampshire utility partner.
- Appliance must be picked up at the service address on your billing account with your New Hampshire utility.
- Applicant must own the appliance.
- Water line must be disconnected.
- Refrigerators and freezers must be regular household size (10–30 cubic feet).
- Appliance must be in working (cooling) order, empty, clean, defrosted and plugged in at the time of pickup.
- Two units maximum per household per calendar year.
- Refrigerator or freezer must be scheduled for pickup via phone or online portal between August 1-October 31, 2023, and picked up no later than November 30, 2023, to qualify for the limited-time $75 rebate.