Heat Pump Water Heater
A more efficient way to heat your water
Heat pump water heaters use electricity to move heat from one place to another instead of generating their own heat like a traditional electric water heater. Because of this, they can be up to four times more energy efficient than conventional electric resistance water heaters, according to the Department of Energy. To move the heat, heat pumps use the same trusted technology as a refrigerator, but they operate in reverse for a different application—heating your water.
- A refrigerator pulls heat from within the unit and expels it into the room.
- An electric heat pump water heater pulls heat from the room and compresses it into the unit to heat the water.
- $750 up to 80 gallons
- Integrated heat pump water heaters must meet ≥ 3.30 Uniform Energy Factor (UEF) ≥ 2.20 UEF for 120-volt/15-amp circuit.
- Split-system heat pump water heater models must meet ≥ 2.20 UEF.
- Under no circumstances will the total incentive for a single heat pump water heater exceed the offered rebate amount of $750. If the heat pump water heater already received a $750 instant discount at a participating retailer or equipment distributor through a licensed installation contractor, a post purchase rebate is not eligible for redemption. For questions on applied rebates, please speak with your installation contractor.
- Must be ENERGY STAR® certified.
- Must meet the minimum efficiency rating.
- Must be a residential electric customer of a participating New Hampshire utility.
- Purchase must be made between January 1, 2024, and December 31, 2024. Rebate is a limited-time offer while funds are available and may be subject to change at any time.
- Mail-in and online submissions must be submitted and postmarked no later than January 31, 2025.
- To find ENERGY STAR certified heat pump water heater units, talk to a licensed contractor or click here to visit the ENERGY STAR website for a list of local installers.
- Equipment must not already be receiving heat pump water heater incentives through another program.
Choose 1 of 4 ways to claim your rebate.
Option 1: Instant rebates at participating retailers (in-store only)
- Click here to validate your eligibility and receive a barcode from a participating retailer.
- Present the barcode at the register or apply the discount code to your cart if purchasing online – to have an instant rebate of $750 applied to the purchase price. Instant rebate is available at the following New Hampshire retailers:
- Home Depot
- For more information or to confirm eligibility contact (888) 895-0568 or email NHRebates@resource-innovations.com
Maximum rebates of $750 available per unit – If your purchase is receiving an instant rebate – you are no longer eligible for the post purchase rebate.
Option 2: Work with an installer
- When your installer purchases a qualifying unit at a participating distributor, an instant discount of $750 will be automatically applied to the cost of the equipment, and these cost savings will be applied directly to your installation invoice.
- For more information about program details and the rebates offered on qualified equipment through participating distributors, call 1-617-440-5468 or email email@example.com.
Option 3: Online portal
- If you purchased your equipment online or through a non-participating retailer or distributor and your equipment did not already have a rebate applied at the time of purchase, you are able to apply via our online portal. For questions on applied rebates, please speak with your installation contractor.
Option 4: Mail-in application
- If you purchased your equipment online or through a non-participating retailer or distributor and your equipment did not already have a rebate applied at the time of purchase, you are able to apply via a mail-in form. For questions on applied rebates, please speak with your installation contractor.