Spring Efficiency Tips
- Take advantage of longer days
Help regulate your home’s temperature by opening curtains covering sun-facing windows to bring in warmth and closing them on cooler nights.
- Spring cleaning is upon us
Save energy and money by paying close attention to air ducts and filters. When these areas are clean, the system doesn’t have to work as hard to keep your home at a comfortable temperature.
- As the weather starts to warm up, stay cool by lowering your water heater’s temperature
Paired with installing low-flow showerheads, taking this simple step can significantly reduce your water heating bills.
- Check and seal around your windows and doors
Sealing any leaks or drafts in your home can save you between five and 30 percent per year in energy costs.
- Upgrade your lighting
As the days get longer and the sun starts shining just a bit brighter, utilize natural light in your home. And consider swapping out incandescent light bulbs for LED lighting that uses up to 90% less energy and can last up to 15 times longer.
- Chill out by installing a programmable or smart thermostat
With spring comes warmer days and cooler nights. Complete control over your home’s temperature at the click of a button can help save energy AND money!