Recycle your old working refrigerator or freezer and get:
- Free haul-away and responsible recycling
- Savings of up to $100 per year in energy costs by not running the extra inefficient appliance in your home
- $30 incentive check
Appliances manufactured before 1990 can use three to four times more electricity than newer models so getting rid of these old energy hogs is a smart choice. Recycling old appliances saves energy, helps curtail growing peak load demand, and prevents the release of greenhouse gases. With this program your old appliance will be disposed of properly, with over 90% of the unit being recycled by ARCA Recycling, our contracted recycler.
To schedule a free pickup of your refrigerator or freezer, please have your electric utility account number ready and call our recycling contractor, ARCA, at 1-877-889-4763 or CLICK HERE to place your order online.
- allow 6-8 weeks after pick-up for incentive check processing
Rebate is a limited-time offer while funds are available and may be subject to change at any time.
- Refrigerator or freezer must be:
- In working condition/cooling at the time of pick-up
- 10-30 cubic feet in size
- Owned by the utility customer scheduling the recycling.
- Must be a residential electric customer of one of the NHSaves’ utility partners (Eversource, Liberty Utilities, New Hampshire Electric Co-op, or Unitil)
- Appliance must be picked up at the service address on your billing account with your NHSaves utility, and you must provide your electric utility account number at the time of scheduling.
- Crews will need clear access to the appliance for safe removal, and the unit must be empty and defrosted at the time of pick-up.
- Limit of 2 units per year per residential account