There are more than 5 million in-ground pools installed across America and over 150,000 new pools are built annually. A key component of these pools is the pool pump, which re-circulates water through a filter to maintain water clarity and hygiene. All swimming pools have at least one recirculation pump, but many have multiple pumps. Many pool owners don’t realize how much energy their pool pump may be wasting. Pool pump speeds vary based on the pool’s operation. Filtration, for example, only requires half the flow rate of running a pool cleaner. Conventional pool pumps, with only one speed, are set to run at the higher speeds required of the pool cleaner and waste energy during filtration operation by running faster than necessary.
$200 rebate: 2 speed ENERGY STAR pool pump
$500 rebate: variable speed ENERGY STAR pool pump
Model must be ENERGY STAR certified.
- Must be a residential electric customer of a participating New Hampshire utility. Limit of one rebate per year, per residential account.
- Pump must be installed in a participating NHSaves utility’s service area.
- Must be a current ENERGY STAR certified two-speed or variable-speed pump, 1/2 horsepower or larger.
- Pump must be purchased and installed between January 1 and November 30, 2018.
- Must be postmarked within 90 days of installation but no later than December 1, 2018.
- Rebate is a limited time offer while funds are available, and may be subject to change at any time.