ENERGY STAR certified dryers use about 20 percent less energy than conventional models without sacrificing features or performance. They do this using innovative energy saving technologies, such as moisture sensors that detect when clothes are dry and automatically shut the dryer off. Many ENERGY STAR dryers also include convenient features, such as steam cycles that can help save time on ironing clothes by preventing wrinkles.
About 80 percent of American homes have a clothes dryer, so the savings opportunity is huge. If all clothes dryers sold in the US were ENERGY STAR certified, Americans could save more than $1.5 billion each year in utility costs and prevent greenhouse gas emissions equivalent to more than 2 million vehicles. To choose a dryer that saves energy and money while protecting the environment, look for the ENERGY STAR label.
- $40 rebate on ENERGY STAR® certified clothes dryers
- $100 rebate on ENERGY STAR® certified Hybrid Heat Pump clothes dryers
- $200 rebate on ENERGY STAR® Heat Pump clothes dryers
- Model must be ENERGY STAR certified and listed on NHSaves qualified products list at the time of purchase
- Electric Clothes Dryer must be ENERGY STAR certified
- The ENERGY STAR certified electric clothes dryer must be installed in a participating utility’s service area
- Must be a residential electric customer of a participating New Hampshire utility
- Limit of 2 electric clothes dryer rebates per year
- Cannot be combined with any other utility offering
- Purchase must be made between January 1, 2018 and December 31, 2018. Rebate is a limited time offer while funds are available and may be subject to change at any time
- Rebate must be postmarked or submitted online no later than January 31, 2019