Recycle your old working refrigerator or freezer and get:
- Free haul-away, and responsible recycling
- $60 incentive per unit
- Energy savings of up to $100 by removing an old inefficient working refrigerator or freezer from use in your home
How do I participate?
- Must be a residential electric customer of one of the sponsoring utilities; and the appliance must be picked up at the same service address as on the residential account
- Unit must be in working/cooling condition and plugged in at the time of pick up
- Unit must be 10 – 30 cubic feet in size
- Unit must be owned by the customer scheduling the recycling
- Limit of 2 units per year per electric account
- Ready to schedule? Have your electric account number ready and CLICK HERE to place your order online, or call our recycling contractor, ARCA, at 1-877-889-4763
- Crews will need clear access for safe removal, and the unit must be empty and defrosted at the time of pick-up
- Rebate check will be mailed within 8 weeks of unit pick-up
- Rebate/program is subject to change at any time
What are people saying about our Refrigerator Recycling program?
Appliances manufactured before 1990 can use three to four times more electricity than newer models so getting rid of these old energy hogs is a smart choice. Recycling old appliances saves energy, helps curtail growing peak load demand, and prevents the release of greenhouse gases. With this program your old appliance will be disposed of properly, with over 90% of the unit being recycled by ARCA Recycling, our contracted recycler.
If you’re looking for resources to recycle appliances that don’t qualify under this program, we recommend that you contact a local waste management company or scrap metal dealer in your area to find available recycling options.
Use the ENERGY STAR® Refrigerator Retirement Savings Calculator below to see how much you can save by removing and recycling your extra refrigerator or freezer.