Commercial customers buying qualifying energy efficient HVAC systems can now receive instant discounts through their distributors.
How to Receive Benefits from the Commercial and Industrial HVAC Initiative
To receive a discount on your high-efficiency HVAC equipment and maximize your savings:
- Determine Your HVAC Needs
- Contact your contractor to determine the heating and cooling needs for your business.
- Find a Participating Distributor
- Ask your contractor to reach out to a participating distributor who can work with you and your contractor to identify the right kind of high-efficiency equipment for your business. See participating distributors.
- Start Saving Energy and Money
- Your incentive will be discounted from your purchase price, and you’ll save energy over the lifetime of the equipment.
Your purchase of qualifying high-efficiency HVAC equipment is eligible for an incentive off the purchase price if:
- The equipment will be installed for commercial or industrial use at a site that has a commercial or industrial electric account with one of the sponsors: Eversource, Liberty Utilities, New Hampshire Electric Cooperative, or Unitil; and
- You are not already receiving an incentive for the HVAC equipment through another program sponsored by NHSaves or one of the NHSaves partners.
Incentives are provided directly to distributors by the NHSaves partner utilities. Your contractor must provide the installation address and site information to the distributor to obtain the incentive. Contractors are expected to pass the incentive amount along to their customer.
Qualifying HVAC Equipment: All equipment performance specifications are verified through the Air-Conditioning, Heating, and Refrigeration Institute (AHRI) or otherwise approved by the NHSaves sponsors. You can visit the AHRI website to research eligible equipment or contact the Program Implementer for more information.
There are several high-efficiency options available to commercial customers.
- A Unitary Heat Pump (HP)
- Variable Refrigerant Flow
- Dual Enthalpy Economizer Controls
- Electronically Commutated Motor, or ECM, Circulator Pumps
Information for Contractors and Distributors
To enroll in the C&I HVAC Initiative, please contact the Program Implementer: