Recycle your old refrigerator or freezer with NHSaves and get:
- Free haul-away
- Savings of up to $150 per year in energy costs by not running the extra appliance
- $30 incentive check from your electric utility for participation
Appliances manufactured before 1990 can use three to four times more electricity than newer models so getting rid of these old energy hogs is a smart choice. Recycling old appliances saves energy, helps curtail growing peak load demand, and prevents the release of greenhouse gases. With this program your old appliance will be disposed of properly, with over 90% of the unit being recycled by ARCA Recycling, our contracted recycler.
To schedule a free pickup of your refrigerator or freezer, please have your electric utility account number ready and call our recycling contractor, ARCA, at 1-877-889-4763 or CLICK HERE to place your order online.
Rebate is a limited-time offer while funds are available and may be subject to change at any time.
- Must be a residential electric customer of one of the NHSaves sponsors (Eversource, Liberty Utilities, New Hampshire Electric Co-op, or Unitil)
- Appliance must be picked up at the service address on your billing account with your NHSaves utility, and you must provide your electric utility account number at the time of scheduling.
- Refrigerator or freezer must be in working condition/cooling at the time of pick-up, 10-30 cubic feet in size, and owned by the utility customer.
- Limit of 2 units per year per residential account
- Crews will need clear access to the appliance for safe removal, and the unit must be empty and defrosted at the time of pick-up.