Refrigerator and Freezer Recycling
To schedule a no-cost pickup of your refrigerator or freezer, please have your electric utility account number ready and call our recycling contractor, ARCA, at 1-877-889-4763 or CLICK HERE to place your order online.
- No-cost haul-away and responsible recycling
- $30 incentive per unit
Appliances manufactured before 1990 can use three to four times more electricity than newer models so getting rid of these inefficient energy hogs is a smart choice. Recycling inefficient appliances saves energy, helps curtail growing peak load demand, and prevents the release of greenhouse gases. With this program your inefficient appliance will be disposed of properly, with over 90% of the unit being recycled by ARCA Recycling, our contracted recycler.
- Qualified customers will receive a $30 incentive per unit.
- Allow 6-8 weeks after pickup for incentive processing.
- Applicant must be a valid residential electric account holder of a participating New Hampshire utility partner.
- Appliance must be picked up at the service address on your billing account with your NHSaves utility.
- Applicant must own the appliance.
- Water line must be disconnected.
- Refrigerators and freezers must be regular household size (10-30 cubic feet).
- Appliance must be in working (cooling) order, empty, clean, defrosted and plugged in at the time of pickup.
- Two units maximum per household per calendar year.
- Refrigerator or freezer must be picked up between January 1st – December 31st, 2022.