Clothes dryers consume more than $100 worth of energy per year, in a typical home. The following tips will help to keep dryer energy use from spinning out of control:
- Dry full loads; it saves energy and saves you time.
- Dry towels and heavy cottons separately from lighter-weight clothes.
- Don’t over dry clothes. If your dryer has a moisture sensor, use it.
- Clean the lint filter in the dryer after every load to improve air circulation.
- Check the dryer vent regularly and keep it clean.
- Air dry clothes whenever possible; it’s free and can extend the life of some fabrics.
Looking for more ways to save? Money-Saving Quick Tips includes cost-saving strategies for home appliances, lighting, and more.
Liberty Utilities Connection has been prepared solely for the purpose of providing helpful information to users of this service. The information has been compiled by Questline, a contractor to Liberty Utilities; however, no representation is made by either Questline or Liberty Utilities as to the completeness or accuracy of the information contained therein. In particular, some information may be incomplete, may contain errors or may be out of date. In addition, neither Questline nor Liberty Utilities endorses any product or service mentioned therein.